The African Humanities Programme (AHP) and Next Generation Social Sciences are grant awarding programs that offer financial awards ranging between $13,000 to $19,000 to successful African scholars/researchers from Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania and Uganda. Link: https://acls.org/programs/ahp
The 2019 Proposal Writing Workshop aims at helping prospective applicants to prepare for international competitions such as the annual African Humanities Program and the Next generation Program competitions.
WHO CAN ATTEND?
This workshop provides all eligible participants - post graduate students, mid-career lecturers, pre-phd scholars as well as post-phd scholars, with access to unique coaching and mentoring services provided by the KANAC group and International Mentors and Advisers from AHP.
2020 Proposal Writing Worshop
The 2020 Proposal Writing Workshop is organized by KANAC, in collaboration with AHP. This year's Proposal Writing Workshop, which will be held in the serene environment of Abakaliki, Ebonyi State, provides ample opportunities for workshop participants to interact with international mentors and advisers from AHP.
The African Humanities Program (AHP) and Next Generation Social Sciences are grant awarding programs that offer financial awards ranging between $13,000 to $19,000 dollars to successful African scholars/researchers from Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania and Uganda. The aim of the award is to support researches in African Humanities and Social Sciences. Sponsored by the Carnegie Corporation of Hew York, these two awards are administered under the auspices of American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS) and Social Science Research COuncil (SSRN) respectively.
The 2020 Proposal Writing Workshop, organized by KANAC, aims at helping prospective applicants to prepare for international competitions such as the annual African Humanities Program and Next Generation Program competitions. Over the years, researches at KANAC show that, although many Nigerian scholars submit proposals to the African Humanities Program and Next Generation Programs, only very few have emerged successful. It was further revealed that many of these budding researchers were neither aware, nor conversant with some of the necessary techniques and requirements for writing successful proposals for international competitions. This informs the need for international writing workshops such as the current annual Proposal Writing Workshop.
To be eligible to participate in this workshop, please note the following:
- Registration payment fee of N10,000.
- Indicate if you have a ready proposal that you may wish to be reviewed by the International AHP Mentors and Advisers. However, you do not need to submit a proposal to be eligible to participate in the workshop.
- Send a mail to [email protected] for enquiries, or contact the following members of the organizing team:
- Prof. G.M.T. Emezue, Alex Ekwueme University, Ndufu-Alike, 0706 524 6071, [email protected], [email protected], www.gmtemezue.com
- Chinyere, KANAC, 0815 920 2453, [email protected]
- To get detailed information on methodologies for AHP applications, all applicants should please visit the AHP website at https://acls.org/programs/ahp
Individual participants are expected to make arrangements for their own accomodation. However, the organizers have contacted selected hotels, located around the Conference Venue, who have promised to provide accommodation, food and refreshments at subsidized rates. Please call 0815 920 2453 or 0803 340 9868 for more information.
SPECIAL AHP ADVISERS AND MENTORS ATTENDING THE 2019 PROPOSAL WRITING WORKSHOP
- Prof. M. M. Mulokozi (Tanzania)
- Prof. Ruth Mukama (Uganda)
- Prof. Francis Nyamnjoh (South Africa)
- Prof. Rehana Ebrahim-Vally (South Africa)
- Prof. Edward Wamala (Uganda)
Workshop Venue & Time